After the clashes that started in September last year and ended with Azerbaijan’s victory, the waters are not calming in Armenia, which had to sign a ceasefire agreement on November 10, 2020 .
Mikayel Minasyan, son-in-law of former President Serge Sarkissian and former Ambassador of Armenia to the Vatican, announced that they had lost 4,750 Armenian soldiers and officers in the war, and that the Defense Ministry’s report on this matter was presented to Prime Minister Pashinyan. On the other hand, it is pointed out that the loss of soldiers in Armenia is much higher than the figure announced by Minasyan. The bodies of more than 600 Armenian soldiers from the outskirts of the city were handed over to the Yerevan administration only because the elements of Azerbaijani special operations fought face to face to free Shusha from the occupation.
News that has exploded on social networks in recent days and which has caused great surprise not only in Armenia but also in the world, has once again troubled the country. The photos that were said to have been taken in a mortuary literally made the blood of those who saw her cold. The image, taken in the basement of Abovyan Medical Center in Yerevan, the capital, shows plastic bags containing body parts of soldiers killed in the Karabakh War.
Armenia, which released the names of 3 thousand 29 soldiers who died in the war while the corpses of the soldiers, all in body bags, were piled up in the morgue, has not yet announced the official number of the missing. .
After the footage was released on social media, it was revealed that the Armenian government kept the bodies of soldiers who died in the Nagorno-Karabakh war in the basement of the morgue for 7 months, packed in plastic bags. . With the emergence of these images, Armenian Minister of Health Anahit Avanesyan had to make a statement and apologize by accepting the situation.
While the Minister of Health apologized to the families of the military for the fact that the bodies were kept in this way, he added that the bodies were kept pending identification, but that it was unacceptable to keep them in this way. for so long. . Health Minister Avanesyan also said an investigation would be opened into the incident. Armenian Prime Minister Pashinyan, who is said to be aware of the situation, made a statement through his spokesman Mane Gevorgyan. Declaring what happened was unacceptable, Gevorgyan said the prime minister ordered a formal investigation to be launched to reveal those responsible.
class = “cf”>
Relatives of soldiers lost in the war demonstrated in Yerevan. According to relatives of the soldiers, who closed Heratsi Street in the capital, where the mortuary is located, in protest, the Armenian administration has long been hiding the bodies of dead soldiers.